NHS Global Events is a privately held meeting management, consulting and hotel sourcing firm seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the sourcing team in our Meeting and Event Services department as Meeting & Event Sourcing Coordinator.
The primary responsibility of this position is to administratively support the sourcing team with assigned projects and client meetings and events.
The right individual for this position is well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and clients. Must be able to effectively perform within tight time constraints, accept changes with short notice and tolerate frequent interruptions while maintaining a positive and enthusiastic outlook.
- Manage and distribute weekly and monthly reporting focusing on department RFPs
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure timely and complete RFP responses/proposals
- Assist the sourcing department team members with RFP/sourcing/summary projects, as needed
- Request, manage, and organize pick-up reports from hotels/venues
- Responsible for assisting with RFPs, as needed
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of all department files and templates
- Possibility of supporting client events on-site, either local or out of state
- Manage sourcing department Client Services Calendar
- Administration of Meeting Services meetings (agenda creation, notes, scheduling, etc.)
- Coordinate and develop site inspection agendas for clients
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of Cvent
- Manage client communication/relationships when needed
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position
- Basic destination and hotel property knowledge with willingness to continually enhance knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and develop effective solutions
- Superior communication skills
- Proven excellence in delivering exceptional customer service through a sincere desire to help others
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues and industry contacts
- Demonstrated ability to execute tasks autonomously while thriving in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work with Cvent software preferred
- Availability to travel 5-10%, as position demands
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of direct work experience in hospitality or meetings industry
- Experience in hospitality sales, site selection, or sourcing
- Located in Skokie, IL or able to commute
Please include a cover letter describing your salary requirements/history when applying for this position. Resumes submitted without a cover letter containing this information will not be reviewed.