We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Meeting Planner!
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide meeting management and planning services for meetings, events, and conferences. This person will serve as the lead planner and will also have team leadership responsibilities including project and budget management.
Duties include all aspects of meeting planning such as:
- Researching sites; negotiating hotel contracts; identifying and contracting with outside resources (audio/visual and production companies, decorating services, air and ground transportation, destination management companies, off-site venues)
- Serve as contact to clients to exceed expectations in all aspects of customer and meeting services;
- Manage trade shows and exhibitions
- Work with clients and be the lead in event marketing- developing printed materials, digital materials, social media, etc.
- Manage and be liaison of all meeting vendors
- Travel on-site to manage the meeting logistics, including arranging and attending pre-con meeting with hotel to discuss expectations of all vendors
- Conduct post-meeting review and provide written summary within two weeks of meeting’s conclusion; reconcile all invoices within two weeks of receipt
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience meeting planning experience in both trade and professional societies required; CMP preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and financial negotiating skill
- Sharp attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in project management with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the Meeting and Tradeshow industry as well as current trends in the industry
- Availability to travel 25%
- Availability to work evenings and weekends